I happen to really like chocolate. Especially wrapped around peanut butter.
And those Cadbury Creme Eggs? Wow. Those are my favorite.
But we all know Easter isn’t really about the candy, is it?
A. T. Robertson, in his famous Harmony of the Gospels, labels the last few days of Jesus’ life as recorded in the gospels “in the shadow with Jesus.”
Yes. The darkness
Hell has always fought hard against the redemptive plans of God. And in Jesus’ life, that meant numerous confrontations with religious leaders, abandonment by his allies, accusations from his detractors, and of course, the cross.
Every year, during Holy Week (Passion Week, the week of Easter, etc.), I feel two things…
First, the darkness and heaviness of the reality that we live in a world that rejects the love and truth and grace of God, and the Son of God, too.
And second, the overwhelming delight of the victory that is ours when we humble ourselves, embrace the Savior, and experience what it means for him to make us more than conquerors who live in the power and the promise of his resurrection.
If you’re a church leader reading this, I wanted to pass along some encouragement to make this coming Sunday a really, really big deal!
The world has never needed the hope of Jesus more, and we are stewards of the love, the truth, and the grace of God, so it’s our responsibility to make the most of every opportunity to share King Jesus with the rest of the world!
Let’s pray with and for each other. Let’s honor the King. And let’s keep making a big deal of Jesus!
Thanks in advance!
Ever wanted to create an online course from your expertise or content… but didn’t know where to start, or got overwhelmed by the whole process?
You’ll know what to do after you attend this free LIVE Masterclass with my friend and eLearning expert, Chris Kyle, called The 4 Essential Elements for Launching Transformative & Lucrative Online Courses.
This coming Sunday is BIG. In a recent Lab course, I shared all kinds of strategies for how to reach more people with the hope of the gospel this Easter. Watch it today, put it into action today, and meet new guests Sunday!
Each course is normally $15, but today, this one is free.
Just a few links, articles, books, etc. I’m reading lately.
- Charles Stone, who mixes pastoral wisdom with good brain health and emotional intelligence, just released his new book Holy Noticing: The Bible, Your Brain, and the Mindful Space Between Moments.
- Steve Fogg shared his collection of 11 Of The Best Easter Church Websites In 2019.
- Here’s a good article from Reach Right Studios on How to Create the Perfect Church Giving Page.
- John Maxwell’s blog post features a great piece on intentionally thinking like a leader.
- Get ready for a free series of videos from over 30 millionaires about how they built their wealth.
I have several cool resources for you this week to help you expand your influence and income online…
- Fred Lam has released a brand-new audiobook with a proven 5-step system that you can follow to generate your first sale online even if you have never done anything like it before! Fred is an eCommerce genius who has helped several people earn over a million dollars per year in their online businesses. The audio book is releasing at the ridiculous price of $1.99, so grab it while it’s available.
- Chris Kyle – the guy who is teaching the free masterclass on how to launch transformative and lucrative online courses – also released a free ebook called 5 Things You Need to Know to Create a Successful Online Course.
- Steve Olsher, the dude who teaches people how to profit from podcasting, has made available a free directory of over 670 popular podcasts, plus the contact information for each one, plus some valuable information about how to be booked as a guest on them.
Every week, I send an email with a link to my sermon notes for the week, plus transcripts and videos from previous message, plus the series graphics. Use them freely any way you’d like, but my intention is merely some inspiration.
Want to be on the list to get them? Click the link below…
Current Message Series
Healing (Based on the Beatitudes and
The Principles of Celebrate Recovery)
Stream videos live to 30+ global platforms simultaneously, directly from your browser or your favorite streaming software AND schedule your pre-recorded videos to run live and get deep insights into your live streams. This AppSumo deal is for a package that normally costs $570, but it’s on sale this week for a one-time fee of $49.
Find me on social media:
My other websites and projects:
my blog, coaching services, etc.
sermon notes and series graphics
helping people get financially free
training for leadership success
a free course on earning an income through blogging
my new podcast for leaders